1) What is Akili Group?
Akili Holdings was founded by Haron Wachira in 2010,and subsequently enlarged and segmented into units that work together as a group (hence Akili Group) on specific pursuits of the social enterprise’s vision: Software tools; value addition; training/capacity building; cooperative modeled savings and investments. The company’s major income stream is carbon credits from offsetting activities in communities.
2) What are the entities of Akili Group?
The entities of Akili Group include:
- Akili Foods
- Akili Technologies
- Akili Development Sacco
- Akili Development Organization
- Applied Institute of Agriculture
3) What is the Hongera Project?
The Hongera Project is a carbon-credit funded programme that aims to plant 3 million agroforestry and indigenous trees in 3 years and distribute 150,000 cookstoves in Nyeri, Laikipia & Nyandarua Counties (Mt. Kenya Regions).
The project is funded by Dutch Green Business (DGB) and implemented by the Applied Institute of Agriculture & Technology (AIAT), a member of the Akili Group in Kenya. A peer project of like scope, also funded by DGB, is being implemented in Cameroon.
4) What is a value chain?
A value chain in agriculture refers to the entire process involved in the growing, production, distribution and consumption of a product.
5) Which value chains is Akili Group involved in?
Akili Group is involved in the following value chain activities:
- Carbon offset
- Grain storage
- Carbon offset
6) How can I volunteer?
7) How can I donate to Akili Group?
8) How can I partner with or co- invest in Akili Group?
9) How can I become an Akili Community?
10) Where can I purchase Akili Foods products?
To purchase Akili Foods products, you can simply call +254 704 309 577, or visit the online shop by clicking here.
11) Where can I purchase Akili Technologies products?
To purchase Akili Technologies products, you can simply call +254 704 309 577, or visit the online shop by clicking here.